SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and it is a quite common term in internet marketing. Now, in the 21st century, everything spins around the Internet and online presence. If you want to increase the visibility of your website, SEO is the right solution to your situation. If you are not visible online, it means your potential clients will have a hard time finding you. You could lose many customers just because you are not visible online.
Thanks to the professional services of Hit Me SEO, LLC, your website can lift you above your competitors. They ensure it has a unique setting that attracts visitors. The purpose of SEO is to bring traffic to the site, which affects its visibility and search engine rankings. If you want to benefit from these services, you need to understand the difference between On-page and Off-page search engine optimization.
On-page SEO refers to the content on a website or blog and has a purpose of increasing the traffic. It represents the foundation for your ongoing search engine optimization process. If you want to increase the rank of your website in the search engine results, it needs to be user-friendly. You can achieve this by adding targeted keywords, genuine and relevant content, headings, page titles, images, domain names, and more. Also, it should be easy for users to navigate through your website. On-page SEO needs constant revision, to improve and maintain the position in the search results.
On-page SEO Factors
- Blog Title – it is the most important part of a post when it comes to search engine ranking. Also, it makes users click on it, and that’s why it needs to be interesting. You must use the target keyword in the post title. Make sure your title doesn’t exceed the limit of 65 characters.
- Permalink – the URL of your post must contain targeted keywords, especially in the beginning of the address. What you need to avoid is using any special characters, like commas, brackets, symbols, etc. You can use numbers, and dashes that are helpful in differentiating the two separate strings in the URL structure.
- Meta Tags – they represent a short description of your website, services you provide and focus areas. You need to use a set of unique and relevant description and keywords for each of your posts, according to the content. They are considered as an overall summary or your post. Make sure description stays within a maximum of 160 characters. Additionally, they need to be user-friendly so that they can improve the click through rates or CTRs in the search engines.
- Heading Tags – your blog or article should have a heading and sub-heading tags. That way, you will highlight key points. However, avoid using them too many times, because it could be considered a negative SEO practice.
- Use Of Images – they are quite helpful when optimizing a post. Thanks to them, your website will be unique. Include appealing images related to your blog or article. However, you need to use them per certain criteria. Pay attention to the loading speed and file size of a particular image. Also, you should name them adequately, meaning you should include the target keywords. Keep in mind that search engine spiders can only read a text, not images.
- Keyword Density – it represents a percentage of keywords in the total number of words. It should be approximately between 1.5% and 2% within the post. The purpose of this is to show to the search engines that your content is relevant to the keyword. You shouldn’t use them too many times, as it can be suspicious. It is a good idea to either underline, bold, or italic the keywords and phrases in the article, to improve the popularity of your website.
Off-page SEO refers to everything you can do outside of the website, to make it more user-friendly, and to increase traffic. It includes various techniques that consist of using outside influence to improve the ranking of your site in the search engine results. Its purpose is to complete your on-page SEO, and it focuses on link building strategies. Thanks to off-page SEO, you can increase traffic to your website by generating it from other sources. If you have references from another site, people will be more interested in taking a look at what you have to offer.
Off-Page SEO Techniques
- Search Engine Submission – Sometimes, it can take a while for the search engines to find your website online. However, you don’t have to wait for that to happen. If you want to speed it up, you can submit your site to the most popular engines, like Yahoo, Google, Bing, etc.
- Directory Submission – It focuses on how efficient we are when it comes to selecting the directories, and choosing the submission category. You can always submit to general directories. However, for the maximum results, it is a better idea to pick niche directories.
- Social Bookmarking – it is another fantastic way to promote your site. The primary benefit is that it can be passed on to an unlimited number of users, and therefore, lead to the significant increase in traffic to your website. The ranking of your page will also improve. All you need to do is to submit your newest articles or blog posts to the most popular sites of this kind, like Delicious, Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon, etc. They update the content quite frequently, so it is no wonder search engines like them. It is a perfect strategy for the brand building.
- Blog Commenting – If you want to improve the position of your page in the search results, you can post comments on blogs within your niche. You can use the comments section to add a link to your website. Thanks to this, you will eventually drive visitors to your site, which will result in the traffic increase.
- Social Media Marketing – it is one of the most important Off-page SEO techniques. These days, everyone has a social media profile, no matter if it is on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc. You can set up an account on these networks, which will allow you to connect and interact with potential clients, and to promote your page by building an online reputation. It is quite an efficient technique for increasing traffic to your site and promoting your business.
If you combine efforts of On-page and Off-page SEO, you will attract potential clients very quickly. You should focus on the usefulness of your website first, making sure it is user-friendly. Thanks to the right On-page SEO techniques, people will start noticing your page. After that, it is time to concentrate on Off-page search engine optimization.